Monday, August 24, 2009

Why I'm Failing Kindergarten

Blast it all, if I haven't already forgotten one of Maddy's assignments (6 days into the school year, mind you)!

The second day of school, she brought home a project called "Nifty Names." You are supposed glue small household items in the shape of the letters of your name to a piece of cardstock. Real scholarly stuff, I know. They gave us plenty of notice....I "filed" the paper away with other very important papers knowing, yes knowing, that I'd be sure to get that back out and work on it straightaway with the girl.

I just saw the paper on the kitchen counter with a great big "DUE AUGUST 24" stamped on top.

I am T-60 minutes until she gets off the school bus and I'm dreading it already. She is total Type-A personality and likes to have things done "just so" and on time and all that. I am prepared to be completely upbraided, in 5 yr old fashion, for not remembering to do the project.

Pray for me.

No comments: