Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Cinderella's Castle: A soap opera





There was a brief period of time last week in which my camera went missing. (You'll notice an absence of blog posts toward the end of the week).

Friday night (the night the Chocolate cake showed up), I mentioned that I wanted to take a picture. Madeline disappears and shows up just moments later with the missing camera. I was so glad to see it that I didn't question what she was doing with it.


Upon downloading the photos later, I discovered that I have a budding photographer under my roof.

She has a Cinderella castle in her room that is home to Troy & Gabriella from High School Musical, Cinderella, Prince, Belle, Prince, Barbie the Island Princess, Strawberry Shortcake, and the nun, Miss Clavel from the story Madeline. I always say that Miss Clavel is the "chaperone" or the house mother. Maddy plays with the castle a lot and always has the dolls arranged "just so".

So, when the camera went missing, I discovered she had decided to document the different moments of the dolls' lives. Here's what she captured on camera. I may provide a bit of commentary for some of the photos. These are just a FEW of the pictures--didn't want to overload your server with the actual amount of photos that she took.

First, you'll notice the self-portrait at the top of the blog entry.




Here's the whole group in two different poses. You'll notice Troy & Gabriella together in the top photo at the top of the staircase, but Troy has taken up with a scantily clad Belle in the photo on the bottom. Take note of Miss Clavel, the nun in the photo on the top as well.





In the photo on the top, Prince seems to be getting a footrub from Belle. Now look in the next photo and Miss Clavel has shown up so they are behaving more appropriately since his feet are now on the floor.



Is a wedding about to take place? The foot-rub couple are posed at the top of the staircase, ready to descend and make an entrance. Miss Clavel is the bridesmaid.





Troy seems to have broken up with Gabriella and is now courting Barbie, the Island Princess. Cinderella is consoling Gabriella in the photo on the top. In the next photo, Cinderella has asked for a moment alone with Troy to confront his carelessness in handling Gab's heart. He is ashamed of his behavior and cannot even meet her gaze.



If you see anything else happening in the backgrounds of the pictures that I missed, please post a comment and tell me what else is going on.

1 comment:

Jennie said...

This post had me laughing even harder than the dirty cowboy. :)