Thursday, October 9, 2008

I've Been Tagged!

OK, Hollye has tagged me. I've never been tagged before, so this is all very exciting. Here goes:

1. I never flew on an airplane until I was 19 years old. My initiation flight? To Moscow, Russia. I'm an "all or nothing" kind of girl.

2. I mentioned in yesterday's Ellie Mae post that I didn't eat a green salad until I was 24 years old. I now love it & wish I'd tried it sooner! All those wasted years... Other foods I didn't try until late in life? Grapes and strawberries. Cantaloupe. Zucchini. The list could go on & on. My "diet" in high school consisted of Dr. Pepper and Star Crunches, Grands rolls, meat and potatoes. Oh, and sweet tea.

3. I love giving birth and the 2 days you get to spend at the hospital afterwards. Seriously. It is very very fun and exciting to me! There's nothing like that feeling when you get the epidural (I asked the anesthesiologist for baby #3 if I could name the child after him, I loved him so.) There's nothing like relaxing after said epidural and realizing that you get to meet your newest family member in a short while. AND, there's absolutely NOTHING like when they lay that messy, screaming baby on your chest for the first time. I have chills just reminiscing about it. I cried all 3 times when they made me leave the hospital. When we had Will, it felt like we'd been at an all-inclusive, expenses paid resort for 48 hours! (compared to being at home with 2 big kids and a newborn, that is.)

4. I play the piano by ear and took lessons for about 14 years.

5. I love to burst into song at any moment, for any reason. I have a very extensive catalog of music in my head that I tap into. In high school, we'd play "Stump Ellen". People would try to name a song that they didn't think I knew and try to make me come up short. I have always wanted to be a piano bar singer. :o)

6. Just started wearing sunscreen in the last few years. Bad, I know. In high school, I was a tanning-bed-goer, a lifeguard, a baby oil & foil tanning fool!

7. Had our family picture taken with Magic Johnson when I was in 5th grade. My mom won a freethrow shooting contest (with a GRANNY SHOT!) to win the grand prize at a basketball camp my brother was attending. I'll have to find that picture and post it--it's awesome.

I am tagging: Allie, Todd, Raegan, Kate, Lindsey, Misty, and Kaleb.

4 comments:

The Trone's: James, Misty, and Bella Grace said...

Thanks for the tag! LOVED your random facts. I don't think I am that interesting??

allie said...

done! that was so fun. love yours - especially #5. you and landy could have a contest and i'd pay money to see it! i'm wondering why you didn't mention that you and keith could do some pretty interesting dance moves??? maybe that could be a whole new post!

Ellen said...

Misty: Yours will be very interesting! Please participate...would love to know 7 random little bits about you...

Ellen said...

Allie: Yours are completely fabulous! Thanks for participating!