Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Warning: Wii Fit might cause trauma to your otherwise healthy marriage

The other night we were at some friends' house and they have a fancy, new, cutting edge and wonderful Wii Fit. I'd never tried one out and was anxious to do so.

However, I was wearing my new Calvin Klein's that fit "just so" and we'd just eaten lots of cheap Mexican food.

Not usually a good time to try it out, but anyways, it was my chance. I eagerly volunteered to go first, not knowing what was involved.

Did I mention that I was wearing jeans? And we'd just eaten fajitas galore.

So I hopped onto the board and immediately it starts asking very personal questions. Little did I know they were about to broadcast my BMI to the whole crowd. Yes, my BMI. Dang myself for volunteering to go first! That "go-getter" attitude gets me in trouble more often than not, and this was such an opportunity.

So, once my BMI was shouted from the highest hill in middle Tennessee, the Wii Fit asks me to pick a trainer and he works with me through some balance exercises. He's about to tell me my Wii Fit age.

Jeans + Mexican food = bad Wii Fit experimentation combination

My Wii Fit Age? Why, do you REALLY want to know? Really?

OK, but only because I trust you and know you won't laugh at me like my husband did.

55

Yes, that's in years. 55 years old. I want a do over.

That night as we got into bed, my husband looked at me and said, "I've never shared a bed with a 55 year old woman before."

"Good night, dear."

1 comment:

Hollye said...

LOL! If you try it again the next day, it usually goes down. The first time Brian and I did it, I think we were in our 50's too. The last time I did it, I was 28. Works for me. We love our WiiFit.

So...what do you call cheap Mexican? We seriously call Casa Fiesta "cheap Mexican". When we go out with our friends we always say, "meet you at cheap Mexican". I don't think they even know the name of the place!