Saturday, August 16, 2008

Will the Real Vince Young Please Stand?


Go Titans!

Last night, I attended my first (and hopefully last) NFL football game.


I am not known to be a big sports nut...but I am always up for an adventure and this opportunity had all the makings of an adventure...and potential blog-worthiness which I'm finding out is very important to my life these days.

I'm just going to bullet point the major highlights of the game. (Disclaimer: If you're looking for actual highlights of the actual football game, you need to check ESPN. )
  • I met a new friend last night. We bonded over the sport of football and the fact that we shop at the same Walmart. I never caught his name, but he taught me so much over the course of 3 quarters of Titans football. I'm going to call him "Mike Ditka" because:

  • a) he looks like Mike Ditka
  • b) he is from Chicago
  • c) he kept saying "Da Bears" everytime he got the chance.

  • I have never seen so many Vince Young football jerseys in one place! People...stock tip for you...go buy a few shares of Vince Young jersey stock NOW. The stadium holds roughly 60,000 people and at least 78.77% of them had on a Vince Young jersey. That's a solid return guarantee for your dollar!!

  • Cheerleaders now wear bikinis and go-go boots.

  • Fireworks are a big concern for my son. He watched the first half of the game with his fingers in his ears. Even during the National Anthem (which was SO obviously lip sync'd!) he had one hand over his heart, one hand covering an ear, and the other ear pressed up hard against his shoulder just in case a round of fireworks was sent up during "O Say Can you See". He was right! In case you didn't know, "....and the rocket's red glare...the bombs bursting in air..." is the perfect moment to shoot some more off.

  • The more you drink, the more you cuss. "Mike Ditka" illustrated this point for me.

  • The more you drink, the more you spill beer on the person sitting next to you. Again, "Mike Ditka".
  • Dippin' Dots ice cream is still a total waste of calories. Not worth it, people. Hold out for the real thing.
  • Here are a few pictures of our fun evening:

On the pedestrian bridge to the game-
The lady who took the pic would only take it if we promised to say "Go Titans!" instead of "cheese."



NFL kids zone. We didn't pay to go in...just took the free pic from the outside.



He called our night out "my first week of school anniversary night out with my parents." He was beyond excited. I think sports is his love language.

P.S. a very big Titans "thank you" goes to our friends David & Amy for last minute babysitting duty of Maddy & Will! To show how much we appreciated it...the next time I get tickets to a Titans game, I'm going to sacrifice and give them to you...straight from my heart.

No comments: