Monday, May 11, 2009

Thanks for the memories

I know, I know. I haven't posted in a while. It's not for lack of thought....in the words of Willie Nelson, please know, faithful readers, that you were always on my mind. (I love being able to incorporate random old country songs into my blog...seeing as how the title of my blog is named after an old Eddie Arnold song "Welcome to my world, won't you come on in?"). Anyways, I have been a busy bee and have every intention in the world of keeping this up, but life gets in the way.

Excuses, excuses. Let's move on.

This past weekend, we went to KY to see my family and my 2 big kids got to spend loads of quality time with their 5 cousins. It was fabulous--I felt like I was on a "getaway" with Michael. My parenting requirements were minimal for those 48 hours. We stayed at my sister's house with Will (going from ordinarily having 3 kids to just 1 baby is a breeze!) and John & Maddy stayed with the cousins. During the day when we were all together, the kids were so enamored with the cousins that they needed me for all of nothing. They get along charmingly--no fights, they don't get tired of each other, and it's just fun all around. I need not take that for granted! They really do have a sweet relationship with each of the kids-

So, when we were getting ready to leave yesterday, my sister Beth asked a pensive Maddy if she was sad about leaving. (They are perpetually asking why we can't live closer to Louisville!). She thought about it for a moment, then looked up and said, "No, because I have memories."

PRECIOUS.

Today when I was unpacking their stuff, I came upon a note that one of the cousins had written for her before she left. It is a keepsake! It says, "I love you so much. You are the best girl cousin ever." Let's just focus on the sweetness that is involved here and not let her know that she is in fact, the only girl cousin for this particular family.

No comments: