Thursday, December 22, 2011

So this is Christmas....and what have you done?

3 days until Christmas!  It's been a good week....but I'd be lying if I didn't say that some of the days have gone on a little long...  However--take heart! Yesterday was the winter solstice which means it's all going to get brighter from here on out! 

So, a few quotes and pictures of what has been going on here lately:

Let's start with the quotes:
ME to my friend Kara (who was at the Y where I should've been this morning):  "Please don't ever let my kids talk me out of going to the Y...it's like Armageddon around here."

ME to my children this morning: "Who wants to be in charge of getting my Diet Cokes for me today?" (I especially wanted thy youngest child who was still raising the roof long past 10:00 and up around 6:00 this morning to volunteer for this one.)

ME: "Will you all please just act like human beings?!?"
WILL:  "I don't want to be a human being!"

WILL: "Can I have a Christmas cookie?"
ME:  "We don't have any."
WILL:  "You better start cooking then."

JOHN: "This is the best day!"
MADDY: "We love doing fun stuff like this!"

OK, then, it's all worthwhile!  Here's a few pictures that showcase/reiterate some of the quotes above as well as some other happenings from the week:

Maddy made stations this morning. Here's the Dance Floor.  Next picture (which I apologize for its' sideways nature) is the Craft Center:
My favorite Cooky Book to use during the holidays.  My mom used this one growing up and I got a copy a few years ago.  I think Will is going to be glad to see this one out....
O.M.GOSH.  :)  My brother texted me this picture yesterday of what's going on in KY at my mom's house.  Save some for me!!!
These days, my "alarm clock" usually consists of a text from a child telling me they are ready for breakfast....sometimes accompanied by a photo of a seriously bedheaded child.
RAINY.  We'd rather have a little snow...but nonetheless, this just makes me glad I took them to the zoo yesterday when it wasn't rainy and that I chose today as our day to finally use a Bounce U groupon that's getting ready to expire.  3:00 can't get here soon enough...
Oh mercy, I don't know.  Stuff just happens around here and there's no explanation.
Shrinky Dinks!  We're having a very retro Christmas....

No comments: