Monday, December 1, 2008

I'm The Biggest CONTEST Loser

I didn't win.

We're not going to Montana.

I'm not going to be giving Land's End Outerwear for Christmas.

You can read the winning entries here.

My sweet family has already started sending their condolences to me and cheering me up--
Keith (my bro) was the first to point out that the winners all played the sympathy card big time. My story was one of happiness and mirth. (Don't you just love when you get to use the word "mirth"?) Guess I'll know which way to write my next contest entry. Kleenex, anyone?

Beth (my sis) wrote the following in an email to me and I'm doing alright now. Thanks Sis!

"Well, I just looked on the web-site and saw that Ellen's entry was not a winner in the eyes of Land's End. But, she and her writing will always be a winner in my heart! I haven't read all of the winning entries yet that they posted, but I know that our family always has the most fun of anyone I know. Good try, Ellen! I guess we'll be getting something other than cashmere for Christmas."

1 comment:

Raegan said...

Too bad! At least you still have time to shop for Christmas gifts!