Tuesday, December 9, 2008

'Tis the Season...for school Christmas programs

I am so proud of my John--he was selected to be a part of a chorus to sing at the Nashville School Board Meeting tonight! (Now, whether he was chosen for his wide vocal range or his good behavior and low risk of humiliating the school before board members, I do not know...but I just will say that either way, I'm very proud!)

They've been practicing for weeks and tonight we went to see the group perform at the school board meeting. I have to say, I was blown away! I couldn't believe how sweet this very diverse group of public school kids looked as they sang these holiday tunes. They weren't the "traditional" Christmas songs we've all heard a million times--these were some fresh tunes that I'd never heard before. And let me tell you--they were harmonizing! There were parts! It was amazing! I didn't know my child was capable of these musical feats, but alas, he is!

Off to Applebee's to celebrate. Bless their heart, they gave all the kids a free meal. There were over 50 people there in our group between students, parents, and teachers/chaperones. It was WILD.

SO....all that to say, yes, I know that Biggest Loser is on and yes, I know I'm very committed to be blogging it, but it just might not get done tonight....

Other stuff going on with us....
**Maddy's having asthma issues. Pray for her! She was in bad shape last night--we were pretty close to taking her to the ER, but after another breathing treatment and lots of prayer...she improved. Oh, and yes, she's on oral steroids. Which means, she acts like she's on steroids. Which means I should expect some phone calls from the preschool this week when she takes somebody out on the playground for looking at her the wrong way.

**Will is darn cute. I mean it. SO stinkin' cute!!! He's started winking at me and I am in love.

**Sparkpeople is still a part of my life...even though it's the holidays. I even managed to lose 1/4 pound over Thanksgiving! (Look at that number again, please: Not 1 pound, not 4 pounds...but a quarter of a pound. And I was THRILLED. Seems small, but it's oh so much better than gaining which is my holiday norm!) I have officially lost that old friend "7 pounds" (see the original Sparkpeople post) and hope to keep going for a few more pounds to add a little buffer.

**Reading Francine Rivers' Mark of the Lion series. OH MY GOODNESS! It is amazing. It's become a bit obsessive. I don't want to eat or sleep or interact with the world--just read. Of course that's not possible, so I'm taking my time and enjoying the series.

2 comments:

Raegan said...

Those books are great! I could get nothing else done while reading them because I kept thinking about them through every task (slightly dangerous in cooking!). My recommendation is to just check out and crank through all three as quickly as possible so that you can resume normal life!

Ellen said...

Raegan--I know what you mean about thinking about the books through every task. I do the same thing! I think about Atretes and Marcus and Hadassah as I drive, cook, change diapers, blog....they are such great characters! I just started book 2 last night. Can't wait to get into it and see what happens!!!