Monday, March 16, 2009

March Madness To Do List:

1. Watch ESPN's "Bracketology" special.
2. Watch games I DVR'd and analyze all 64 teams' strengths.
3. Now, analyze their weaknesses.
4. Create an Excel spreadsheet analyzing each team against their 1st round opponents.
5. Check out some college hoops message boards and see what the buzz is.
6. Fill out my bracket.

OR...

I could just do what I normally do. Here's a list of questions I use to help me decide who to choose since I have not watched one single basketball game this entire year:

1. Did I know somebody who went to that school?
2. If so, did I like them? Pick that school to win if that person was nice to me.
3. Does that school have a fun mascot? Pick them to win if it's a good mascot. Not something scary. Unless it's a pirate because mascot pirates are cool, not scary.
4. Does that school have good colors? Do the colors go well with my hair and skin tone....like, could I actually wear their sweatshirt & look decent?
5. Would I ever want to take a road trip to this school? Is it in a nice locale?
6. Did I go to school there? OH WAIT. KENTUCKY is going to the NIT, which stands for the "Not Invited Tournament"). Sorry, cats, I can't pick you to win this year like I usually do.

So, there you have it. My family does a yahoo group which features a "smack talking" message board and some serious bracket pickin'. There's a traveling trophy/plaque that my name is YET to appear on (wonder why?). It's spent the last year in my 1 year old nephew Max's room....which basically means Keith submitted more than one bracket which is totally against the rules.

Here's to "Ellen's Elite Athletes" and a fabulous 2009 journey to the final four! Will keep you posted on my standing.

1 comment:

Raegan said...

OK--I started reading this post and was shocked and impressed that you actually went to such great lengths to pick your teams...the second plan sounds much more like it!:) Good luck! I'm boycotting the whole thing this year in protest (not that Mike's office pool will notice my absence).