Sunday, March 8, 2009

Various Asundry for March 8, 2009

Here's what's happening around here these days:

*Need to know anything about MJ? (that would be "Michael Jordan" for those of you less cool than I). We're your family. John's knee deep in research for his African American biography school program. Surprised he picked MJ? Not me. If it's not about sports, it's not worth his time, apparently.

*Finished basketball last weekend. Start baseball this weekend. Can't get a break around here!

*Saw Slumdog Millionaire last Sunday night. Did not like it one bit. So heavy. So intense. So not the "Best Picture" of 2008! But the Academy disagrees and they didn't ask me anyway.

*I am still training for the half-marathon in April. Long runs are up to 7 miles--over half-way there! Aiming to shave quite a bit of time off my old record, so we'll see...so far Micah (my neighbor/friend) is keeping me more than on track. Perhaps we're so busy sharing deep, dark secrets and baring our souls (yes, really) or discussing which of our children left our bodies more worse for wear after 63 months of pregnancies between the two of us (yes, really) that we don't notice how fast we're running. It's been quite the productive training regimen. We ran 7 miles in 65 minutes on Friday which may not sound fast to you....but it makes me feel like a Kenyan.

*Three cheers for some good spring weather we've had around here! We've all but slept outdoors the last few days and it's been marvelous.

*I'm getting ready to register Madeline for Kindergarten!!!! Where have the years gone??

Alright, off to put some dinner in the oven and squeeze in a quick run while it bakes-

1 comment:

Bethaney said...

Hey Ellen! Love your blog and I check it frequently though I'm mostly lurking and not commenting. So I thought I would say hello and keep blogging! I like it!