Monday, June 22, 2009

The long overdue catch up post

Catching up on the ol' blog here. Hang onto your hat. Here goes:

We returned from Destin on Saturday night and were downright exhausted. Remember last year? Well, this year was on the same track. We did the beach olympics, talent show, and also seemed to incorporate a shopping marathon into the mix as well. Last year, we stayed in Seagrove and Seacrest and you had to drive a good ways to the outlets so we didn't do so much shopping. This year, we were about 5-10 minutes away and it seemed like every few hours, somebody was going to the outlets. That carload would return with some major deals which would feed another trip to the outlets for somebody else. (If our family is any indication of the average American, go buy some stock in Banana Republic.)

Anyways, there'll be a whole other post on vacation when I get my camera back...it hitched a ride home in somebody else's vehicle and is in the mail on the way back here as I type...



So, today was my catch-up day. I climbed Mt. Laundry and have reached the summit. Now for the ironing. However, I cannot iron when Will is awake, so that rules out most of my day. That will have to wait until after the kids go to bed tonight. Which is just what I want to do at my first free minute tonight, right? Whip out the ol' Rowenta and start pressing.

I actually can't complain about my day--it started with golf lessons for John, then we got home at 10:30 and had a few hours at home playing with the neighbors. Maddy then went to a birthday party at "Chuck E Jesus" (that's what the 4 yr old birthday boy calls it!). She had a ride to Chuck's so I didn't have to leave the home for that. John went swimming with our neighbors and Will slept, so I was able to get a lot done around here!


Ooh! I know when I'll iron: I have been anxiously awaiting Jon & Kate's big announcement tonight. I think that'll be a good time to iron. I have too much anxiety about their marriage problems--I can't just sit still & watch...ironing will give me an outlet for the nervous energy as I watch. I know this sounds crazy, but I am really sad for them! I don't know what's going to happen, but I'm just sad about the damage that has already been done by the paparazzi and their own personal bad choices.

I just pulled some pasta thing out of the freezer for dinner. I should be eating iceberg lettuce and carrot sticks to try and make a dent in the calorie OVERexpenditure that I'm working on from vacation. Can you say "donuts for breakfast?" Or what about "dessert after every meal?" Try this one out: "chips & queso for snack every afternoon." Grand finale on this exercise: "FRIED GROUPER."

Lastly--in honor of yesterday's big father's day celebrations, I have to say that I have the BEST dad in the world. If I could pick any dad out to be mine....no doubt, I'd picked him! Thanks Dad--I love you!

And to my own husband and father of my children. You are the most patient, loving, and FUN dad they could ever have. I love the way you love me & I love the way you love our 3 kiddos.

No comments: