Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Bad dreams and molars

2 of the kids are having sleep issues, here lately:

Maddy is scared and says she has bad dreams.

Will is cutting 4 molars all at once.

And I am having bad dreams about kids who have bad dreams and babies cutting teeth. Oh wait, that's not a dream.

Last night was particularly grueling. (We do have some good nights, but I never to seem to remember those.) Will had a hard time going to sleep, then woke up at 9:30 screaming in pain. We could not get him to settle down no matter what we tried! We even put him in the shower which is ordinarily his favorite spot! He loves to take showers. That did not do much good. He'd had Motrin, Orajel on his teeth, and lots of love...but they didn't seem to help. He finally fell back asleep, only to awaken again at 11:30 with the same deal.

Finally got him back to sleep only to be awakened by the "I'm scared" call across the hall about an hour later. That went on for a while.

Once she was settled, it took me about 2 hours to go back to sleep.

We all woke up very late this morning (John only had 15 minutes to go from bed to bus!) and it's freezing cold and so wet outside.

I just noticed a package of graham crackers out back on the patio table getting soaked by the rain. No telling what else has been left out there!

Enough for now...gotta get ready for preschool drop off.


[Just read through this before posting...Boooorrrriiiinnnngggg! To blog, or not to blog, that is the question. My creativity has taken a hit these last few months as I have been chasing Will...maybe I'll shut this whole thing down for a while and come back when I can reclaim some of my brain cells? I'm going to post this anyways. Thanks for suffering through!]

1 comment:

The Jacobson Family said...

Please don't stop- I love reading about your life!