Thursday, January 29, 2009

Forgiveness. Reconciliation. A Fabulous Return Policy

If you've been reading "Welcometomyblog" for very long, you may remember the whole "I'm going to win this fabulous vacation" thing I had going on in the fall. In the end, I was completely overlooked and dissed by Land's End and the prize ended up going to people who had faced trials and triumphed over them rather than me and my fun family vacation story. Oh, the pain!!! The humiliation! The trauma I suffered...

I was really struggling with forgiving Land's End for their flaws in choosing the wrong winner.

Then my heart started to soften as I got free shipping code after free shipping code over the holidays. They were practically BEGGING me to buy something from them and were willing to cut out the shipping cost in order to mend that road with me.

Well, I had truly started to move along my journey toward reconciliation with them when I got the MARVELOUS and salute-worthy swimwear collection catalog in the mail. Oh my goodness. I believe I spoke of these yesterday in my snow day post. These swimsuits were so beautiful, so classy. TEARS in my eyes, people. I had tears in my eyes as I struggled with the decision of which one to order this summer. (as an aside...Amy, I still say I called dibs on "orange/blue fun top"....we'll take this up later).

I am happy to report this morning that I have completely forgiven Land's End for snubbing me in their Vacation contest. Why? Oh, why not! John's Land's End backpack had a seam tear out of it yesterday and it's only a few months old. I called this morning to see about getting a new one and THEY ARE SHIPPING ME ONE FREE TODAY. Yes, that's right. On the house. I'd always read about their "Guaranteed. Period." policy, but I assumed there was some fine print that stood in the way. Nope. I just have to return the damaged one to a local Sear's/Land's End store and the new one is on the UPS truck as I type.

Land's End, I accept your apology and I forgive you. Just don't let it happen again.

And by the way, I expect to be in Cabo on your dime this time next year as the winner of your next vacation giveaway. Thankyouverymuch.

1 comment:

The Jacobson Family said...

I ordered a coat from them and became tired of the color after 3 YEARS. They sent me a new one. Two years ago, I ordered some king sheets, which after they were delivered, my stupid dogs tore up the package and ripped up the sheets. Of course, they sent me some new sheets. I LOVE them.