Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Various Asundry for January 28

3 posts in 2 days! How'd you get so lucky? (especially after my musing yesterday about stopping the whole operation).

OK, so we got the 6:00 am phone call this morning from a very chipper sounding director of schools saying that this inclement weather was shutting them down today. 6:00 am. really? Is that necessary? I guess it is considering high schoolers around here get picked up for the bus at 6:25. So, we're off today. The sleet has begun and we're "scheduled" to get 1" of snow this morning, then it's over. Our grass looks like marshland--we've gotten so much rain. So, I'm not hopeful the snow will stick or allow for any fun & entertainment since we currently have a river flowing through our backyard. Oh! I just saw the first snowflakes! And yes, they are plopping right to the ground and disappearing promptly.

God bless my mother-in-law who is having fun in the sun in ARUBA this week. She mentioned the other day that we ought to think about going to Aruba for our next big anniversary...to which my sweet husband (always one to seize any opportunity) said, "Well, our 11th anniversary is coming up and that is a pretty big deal, you know...." I don't think 11th anniversary was what she was talking about, considering we just got to cruise the Caribbean in May to mark our 10th.

Yep, it's snowing alright. I wonder how long it would have to snow to completely cover up that box of graham crackers that is still sitting on my patio?

Snow days. Love them. It's 8:19 am. We've already had to shut the Wii off for the morning because of some irreconciliable difference regarding MarioKart. We then moved onto breakfast, the computer, and now we're watching Phineas & Ferb on Demand. I love that show! I think it's because Ashley Tisdale (you know, Sharpay from High School Musical) is the voice of Candace and that always makes me laugh.

Speaking of HSM--the HSM3 DVD comes out in a few weeks. I know what I'm getting Michael for Valentine's Day!!!

I know it's hard to think about swimwear on a Snowday, but have you seen the new collection from Land's End?!?!? AMAZING. They make the best swimsuits!!! I am currently in a "I called it" email debate with my friend Amy about which one of us called dibs on a certain top first. I have a free shipping code.....hmmmmm.......maybe whoever receives the top in the mail first is the one who calls it. Why can't we both get the same suit, you ask? Because 96% of our summer pool time is spent together and there's nothing more awkward than having an adult twin.

AND...I'll finish this off with a very Happy Birthday wish to my sweet niece Lydia who turns 12 tomorrow. I still remember the day she was born like it was yesterday--she's the oldest of all my nieces & nephews and we were all CRAZY about her! (We're crazy about all of the kids, don't get me wrong....) I was a junior in college and I RAN to my car which was parked on the other side of campus. Beth (my sis) and I took off for Lousville to introduce Lydia to her aunts! I'll never forget how funny it looked to see my brother Craig holding a baby. Anyways, Happy Birthday Lydia! Love you girl! (and yes your gift is in the mail) :o)

Oh, those graham crackers are getting a good little dusting of snow already! I feel a photo opportunity coming on...

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Thanks for the sweet shout-out, Ellen! I love you all too!!
You are the best! Thanks again!
I love you!

Raegan said...

In-Laws must have good timing! Mine were in Porto Rico all week missing all the snow and ice!