Thursday, September 10, 2009

The Bus Cusser

Aaaahhhhh....the purity and innocence of my 5 year old girl.....


Yesterday they ran off the school bus frantic because somebody had written a bad word on the bus. That's right....the bane of our existence has hit right here in our little neighborhood school: the Bus Cusser. I was a little worried about which word it was that was apparently plastered on the back of one of the seats and THANKFULLY, when I asked Maddy what it was, she replied....


"....well, I can't say it. It's just too bad to even speak."


I asked her to just whisper it to me softly in my ear so Will wouldn't hear it and she finally conceded to do it.


[whispering] "It said.......'stupid.' I'm sorry I had to tell you, mommy, but the word said 'stupid.' "

Now that is lovely and sweet and so hilarious that I had to bite my tongue not to laugh out loud, but the truth is that there actually was a "bad word" written on the back of a seat and so later when I asked John what it said, he spelled it out for me.... and THANKFULLY, though it was a bad word, it was spelled wrong. So he's still none the wiser on this particular verbage. [Whew! Another bullet dodged.]


So, to sum it all up, not only is the Bus Cusser a touch on the juvenile delinquent side...in a way Maddy was right. He may also be [I'm whispering now] "stupid."

1 comment:

allie said...

Oh Ellen. Ellen, I am laughing hysterically! Not too long ago and just out of the blue, John told me, "You should never say the f-word." I froze. I thought about simply agreeing with him, but decided I had to know if my 5 year old baby, who doesn't even have an older brother, actually knew that particular word. So I asked him what it was. "Fart." Oh. Whew. I mean, "That's right son, you should never say the f-word."

I'm glad you're back! I love your posts.