Thursday, November 6, 2008

Montana Bound? Sure hope so!

OK, now that the contest entry dates have passed, I can share with you my next big thing.

I have entered an essay contest to win a fabulous get-away for me and 11 of my closest friends/family....but I didn't want to tell you until the entry dates had passed because I'm real competitive like that, you see? I didn't want you to come along and snap it out from underneath me with a bigger, better essay.

I was perusing the latest Land's End catalogue (a personal favorite) when I came upon a discreet page in the middle announcing an enormous grand prize. A trip for 12 to Paw's Up Montana. Outfitted in complete Land's End gear. Wilderness adventures. Surely there's a spa and a massage involved in this somewhere. Surely.

So....I answered the question in exactly 300 words: "what was your best family get together?" I took the posting I wrote here several months ago ("Vacation? What Vacation?") and polished it up a bit, adding an extra tug at the ol' heartstrings, prayed over it and hit "submit."

AND I'M A NERVOUS WRECK!!! I want to win it so bad. It's a package valued at over $30,000. How great is that?!?

December 1 is when we'll know. You can bet I'll post the results here...

2nd & 3rd prizes aren't so bad either. The Land's End Cashmere collection for 2nd prize and the Land's End Fleece outerwear collection for 3rd.

The best part is, if I win this, I will SO be off the hook for Christmas shopping for 11 people. And that, my friends, is what Christmas is all about.

Well, not really, but it would be pretty rockin'.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Man, that sounds great! I hope you win!