Friday, February 6, 2009

Have you ever been relieved to have a stomach virus?

No? I'm the only one? Oh, ok. Allow me to explain:

You see, yesterday morning I had this crazy dream that I was pregnant. It was one of those super REAL dreams when you wake up and you have to take a sec to realize that it was just a dream.

Another baby is not exactly in our plans these days, so I woke up feeling a little nervous about the whole thing. Is God trying to tell me something? Is he changing the roadmap of my life to include another baby? I didn't know.

But because we haven't been planning on adding to our family anytime soon (or anytime ever), I went into a state of panic when I started to feel nauseous yesterday morning. Really nauseous. And really panic-y (is that a word?).

A few hours later, when the "symptoms of a stomach virus" became obvious (I'll spare you the details), I called Michael with an SOS to come home to help with the kids. He expressed his sympathy for my illness, but I could only think of one thing:

"At least I'm not pregnant...this will be over in 24 hours."

Always looking at the bright side, folks, always looking at the bright side.

1 comment:

Raegan said...

This post makes me think of the time Mike and I got a horrible stomach bug when Mallaney was 9 months old. It was so bad my mom had to drive 2 hours at 5am to take care of her all day because we had been up all night and were still sick the next day.

The upside was that I lost 5 baby pounds that never came back! And it got me back to my pre-pregnancy weight. Although it was the most miserable day of my life, I feel the pay off was well worth it! God surely works in mysterious ways!

Hope you're feeling better!