Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Various Asundry for February 18, 2009

*SO relieved about Danny Gokey making the Top 12 on American Idol. I am really digging his style these days. Also relieved about not having to worry with ol' Tatiana anymore. She was very bothersome.

*Finally ordered that Land's End swimsuit I've been talking/blogging about forever. However, if I don't lay off the Girl Scout Thin Mints, I'm going to need to send it back and get another size/style completely.

*Michael took John to the Vandy/UK basketball game last night. Michael has completely submerged John into the world o' Commodores and as a result, the wildcats have no spot in his heart. I remember YEARS ago (when we were sans-kids) we went to a VU/UK basketball match up--Michael wore his Vandy shirt, I wore my Kentucky shirt & we sat side-by-side cheering on our own teams like it mattered. That was back when I actually seemed to care what happened on the court. Last night, I was thrilled to send the two men off to the game and I got to stay up and watch American Idol and a special on Kelly Ripa on E! all by myself. That's my idea of a fun evening these days!

*Listening to John laughing hysterically in his bed--he is reading "Diary of a Wimpy Kid: Roddick Rules" and giggling like crazy. Those books are quite funny. I love that he loves to read.

*Have you tried the banana pudding recipe from the cover of February's Southern Living? I highly recommend. Skip the nilla wafers for this version--it calls for none other than NUTTER BUTTERS! So good. I made it for a baby shower on Sunday afternoon. Delish!

*Training for the Country Music 1/2 Marathon is going well. I'm up to 7 miles this weekend for my long run. No injuries and great weather have made it a very nice training season so far.

I think I'll go to bed now. I stayed up too late last night catching up on my shows...and Will was up a time or two with teething woes last night, so I am ti-red. Goodnight...

No comments: