Saturday, February 14, 2009

My how things have changed...

Is it just me, or has Valentine's Day evolved into a family holiday? I somehow missed that bit of news along the way, but it is what it is, so we've decided to embrace it. The kids have been asking all week what our plans were to celebrate Valentine's Day with them, so we scrambled and come up with something.

Our big idea? We decided we'd take them to the Y and swim at the indoor pool.

When we announced it last night, I got assaulted with love the likes of which you've probably never seen before. I was sitting on the floor and told them the plan for today and was completely bowled over (literally!) with hugs and kisses. It was borderline violence. You'd have thought we told them we were going to Disney World instead of the family YMCA.

So, while you're out at a fancy schmancy restaurant tonight wearing your Sunday best while gazing at your special one over top of the dozen red roses he brought to you.....think of me and my winter white pale legs a'splishing and a'splashing with 3 kids hanging onto my neck.

But honestly, I wouldn't have it any other way. I'll have 3 extra Valentines to spend the evening with and this has made them happier than I could ever be sitting in a restaurant tonight!

Now, about those flowers, however...

No comments: