Wednesday, February 25, 2009

A good little Presbyterian


We've been really into the movie "Annie" around here lately. It's a free "on demand" movie right now and I've been having all kinds of childhood flashbacks as I clean and dance around the house singing "It's a hard knocked life" and "I think I'm going to like it HERE!!!!!!" OH THE MEMORIES. Loved that movie as a child. I think it might've been the first movie I ever saw at the theater. I had the sound track (on tape, of course). I had the Annie dolls (yes, plural dolls). I pretended that I was Annie in the bathroom mirror with my brush as a microphone. Come to think of it....Annie was kind of like my own "High School Musical" back in the day.

So, the kids are digging Annie. I'm digging Annie (again). We even got the new up-to-date Annie movie from the library (Disney worked on it for this one...even includes my favorite Kristin Chenoweth). We are up to our ears in ANNIE.

If you can recall, the orphanage lady's name (played by Carol Burnett or Kathy Bates, depending on which version you've seen) is Miss Hannigan.

Maddy is notorious for mixing words up and saying very funny things, unintentionally.

LIKE, tonight when she kept meaning to say"Miss Hannigan"....she kept saying "Miss Catechism" instead. HILARIOUS.

Other funnies? Playing Uno, instead of saying she laid down a "reverse", she said she laid down a "bibleverse." And she still says "redult" instead of "adult."
She has a whole mess of words like that....I should make a list!

No comments: