Tuesday, April 21, 2009

American Idol, Top 7

Well, this is the Top 7 again, but really, it's the first time for me since I didn't do the blog recap thing last week. Here we go:

Lil Rounds: "I'm Every Woman." First things first: can she rock a pantsuit or what? Lookin' Good, Lil! The song was fine--entertaining enough, but I'll agree with the judges--a touch on the karaoke side.

Kris Allen: "She Works Hard For the Money." Seriously? He is singing a chick song? OK--I stand corrected! It was original, fun, new, and completely believable! I really, really like him!

Danny Gokey: "September." I got up and DANCED to this one! So much fun!!! Not to sound like a broken record, but I really, really like him too! I couldn't stop dancing. He's just a flat out good performer.

Alison Iraheta: "Hot Stuff." She's too young to sing this song, in my opinion. I do not like her outfit, I do not like her song. But, I have to admit, the girl can throw out song vocals!!!

Adam Lambert: "If I Can't Have You." I did not even recognize this song--and I am normally considered quite the songstress. Michael had to sing the "real" version for me. Paula's reaction (teary eyes) was a bit over the top, but I'm not there, so I don't know. Maybe that's how it came across if you were there live...but I didn't get that same feeling. He is an excellent vocalist, performer, bla bla bla bla bla....he's just in it to win it.

Matt Giraud: "Stayin' Alive." Fun. I liked it! I liked it a lot better than what Simon did. He kept it true to the Disco theme, but modernized it a bit. I had fun with it. I'm glad he stuck around another week.

Anoop Desai: "Dim All the Lights." I have never heard this song either. He hit some great notes, but it was a bit boring. Loved his pink sweater tonight!

I don't know who's going home, but I think Adam, Danny, and Kris are definitely safe. The others....well, it could be anybody. Two people will go home tomorrow night and then it starts to get down to the wire! I'm still thinking Danny & Adam will be in the finale.

Your thoughts?

1 comment:

Smoochiefrog said...

I wasn't feeling Adam too much tonight either. I really like him, but not tonight. Oh well.