Wednesday, April 8, 2009

American Idol, Top 8

I haven't done a recap in a few weeks--"too busy" is all I can say.

And still, I have nothing much for you today either....
except: my DVR cut off at 1 hour (the time allotted for the show, per Fox) and I missed Adam Lambert's song, which was apparently the song of the night. Simon gave it a standing ovation, I hear! First time ever, as far as I know and I've watched all seasons faithfully (except season 2, my apologies to Ruben.)

The other thing I want to comment on is how I REALLY disliked how they had Matt Giraud and Kris Allen singing on a little stage in the crowd the last 2 weeks. (Last week it was Matt on the keyboard and this week was Kris on guitar). For one thing, it makes me nervous that some tween is going to reach out and pinch them mid-performance, causing them to YELP! instead of sing. The other thing is that you can't get a good camera angle on them with the crowd around and I think that affects viewers' perception of the song/performance. AND--coincidence or not: the judges panned both performances.

If I were a contestant and the producer suggested that next week I perform on the little side stage, I'd think twice before accepting that proposal.

That's it. Thanks for reading.

1 comment:

Jennie said...

I don't like the little stages either - they look like they're performing at a concert and only a few people showed. :) And, I was quite happy to see Scott go...it was time.