Wednesday, April 22, 2009

T-3 days and counting: race day!

So, I wrote my big post the other day all about resting my legs for the race this Saturday and honing in on some good dietary choices.


A little less talk and a lot more action, Ellen!


I downed 1/2 a bag of Cheetos yesterday afternoon.


I was also weak about my resolve to not go to my strength training class to avoid any muscle soreness....but I'm addicted, y'all! I can't NOT go. I was on my way into the Y and had bigs plans to do a short, easy run on the treadmill. But then I saw my friends' cars in the parking lot and I knew they'd be there....so I went. I lunged, squatted, and crunched my way through the class and am now hoping I don't jinx my performance on Saturday.


ANYWAYS, the most important thing, however, is my OUTFIT!


I got a new outfit for the race on Saturday. I went with a red "technical fabric" sleeveless top and some black shorts. I went with red because, like Tiger Woods on Sundays at his tournaments, it signifies......well, I don't know what it signifies. But Tiger wears red and I am going to as well.


I will do my best to get some action pictures on Saturday to post.


If you happen to be in downtown Nashville on Saturday morning.....if you see a flash of red zip by you so fast you couldn't see who it was.....well, it's probably not me. I'd be the one jogging by waving and smiling at the crowd.

1 comment:

Purifoy Family said...

ok, so what's the class at the Y you are addicted to? I want to start going to one- I think sculpt or step because what I'm addicted to is getting my shower while the boys are still in the nursery!