Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Take back the holiday

Christmas: you may as well go ahead and surrender now...because you're MINE, all mine this year.
 It's been 10 1/2 years of babies, toddlers, and children who weren't under any type of voice control and now I'm back baby, and I'm better than ever!
 What in the world am I talking about? Just what exactly does Christmas have to do with disobedient toddlers?
 It's simple: This year, I can actually decorate for the holidays again!!! It's been a LONG time. Like I said, 10 years ago, I had a baby...then I had another one and yet one more....and that last "one more" is now FOUR and I'm thinking it's time to break out the Christmas cheer with a little more than homemade/school made/Dollar Store ornaments. Not that there's anything wrong with that....
 I've got LOADS of ideas...been pouring through the magazines that arrived on November 1 with decorating ideas aplenty....
I've also decided I'm going to decorate early & often....Like a friend of mine said, it's an awful lot of trouble to go to for only one month...Go big or go home, I say!
 Deck the halls with boughs of holly. O Christmas tree...O Christmas tree...how lovely your branches will be with my color-coordinated and themed "MAMA's tree".... I'll have a kids' tree that they can go to town on and throw tinsel all over if they want....but then, there's going to be a mama tree and what a tree it will be!!!
 Here are a few snapshots of the Lowe's Idea book that has inspired this post...
 If you have any great ideas or new ways to decorate, let me know!!!

No comments: