Saturday, November 5, 2011

Time change...and just how silent is a cemetery?


Saturday mornings!!!  Love them....for now, anyways--we are getting ready to start our youth basketball season (2 kids on 2 different teams will positively EAT UP your Saturdays!) which leads right into youth baseball/softball season, so our chill Saturdays are about to go away until June.  Wah wah wah. Anyhow, it is 10:00 in the morning and I'm still in my PJ's drinking a little Diet Coke and enjoying the pace of sleeping until 7:00 and then staying in bed until 8:00 just because I can.

It's all about to change.

Tonight.

Daylight Savings goes bye-bye.  :(

I wasn't dreading it too bad until I was re-reading some vintage "Welcometomyblog" from a few years back.....apparently I came up with a few reasons why I strongly dislike setting the ol' clocks back.




Some people really buy into this whole "extra hour of sleep" gimmick....but I've not seen benefit of that in several years. I've always had early bird children and they don't seem to mind what the clock says. For instance, my child who is finally (FINALLY!) finally sleeping consistently until 6:30 or 7:00 am (after years of 5:45 am, we're so grateful!!!)....well, 6:30 will be 5:30 tomorrow morning and we'll start this cycle all over again.  Wah wah wah.

Alright, that's it for your friendly reminder about setting the clocks back tonight.  I can't end on a down-note...so I'll just say that strep throat has now been banished from my house and pneumonia has been all but squashed!  Things are looking up after a very long week at home with sick peeps. (Here's how bad things got:  I was so desperate to get out of the house last night BY MYSELF that when Michael got home from work, I left to go running.  In a cemetery.  At dusk. By myself.  I was SO desperate for some alone time that I couldn't even make myself walk into the gym to get my workout!  I wanted to be in a spot where there was no shot that anybody would talk to me.  FYI:  a cemetery is good for that.)

No comments: