Thursday, November 20, 2008

Apologies in advance

I just want to take a minute to apologize for your favorite shows being canceled.

It's all our fault. You see, we were selected to be a Nielsen Family for a week. They sent us $3 in the mail and I felt too guilty to accept it and not participate. Yes: $3. Not $30 or $300. Just $3. See how easily persuaded I am?

After reviewing our TV diary, I see that we are not really watching the most popular shows. There's lots of House Hunters International; of course we're watching Biggest Loser, as you know; and there are lots of random reruns of OLD college football games (John--he doesn't care if the game was played last year--he gets into the action and can't be pulled away).

And, because I think our viewing diary is going to be oh, so important to the Nielsen research (we are THE typical American family, right?), I think that we will be the ones to blame when your fancy schmancy "CSI" or "Ugly Betty" gets canned.

And thanks to me, "Making the Team: Dallas Cowboys Cheerleaders tryouts" will be renewed and you'll know all the names of the girls on the NFL sidelines by the time the Superbowl rolls around. That, my friends, is a great show. (It's on CMT...)

But look at the bright side, once all your favorite shows get canned, you'll have more time to read blogs and change your facebook status.

2 comments:

Hollye said...

LOL

Anonymous said...

I blame you for Pushing Daisies being cancelled!!