Thursday, November 27, 2008

Have a laugh for Thanksgiving

My newest favorite blog to read is Cake Wrecks: When Professional Cakes Go Horribly, Hilariously Wrong. We have been reading for just a few days and some of the posts caused me to laugh so hard I had tears streaming down my face! Oh, they are good. Grammar mistakes, Spelling errors, complete lack of taste and class....all those things and more are celebrated on Cakewrecks. To me, the funniest ones are when the instructions given over the phone to the bakery employee don't translate well to the cake. For instance...if you say you want sprinkles on the cake, be prepared for the cake to show up with icing flowers instead and the words "I Want Sprinkles" spelled out.

OR....if you want to celebrate the Olympics, make sure you take a photograph of the Olympic Rings into the bakery or you're liable to end up with a cake that says "Olympic Rings" on it.

So, while I'm "off" for the next few days, catch up on some hilarious readings over there. She has a Thanksgiving theme going right now (check out the cakes that are presumably "turkeys" but don't resemble the bird too much...and read her captions to get the full effect.)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for this- I wasted way too much time reading every single entry. I cried telling Everett about the grooms head served on a platter! The creepy cakes were the best!