Friday, November 14, 2008

Thanksgiving: Fact or Fiction

I realize that in all my excitement over Christmas, I seem to have glossed over the fact that Thanksgiving is still 2 weeks away.

I was reminded of this fact quite a bit this week as Maddy brought home lots of little tid-bits she learned at school about the Pilgrims and their journey.

To put you to the test, I'm going to list the pieces of information she told me. The information below represents what she brought away from her lessons at school.

So, now, I want you to participate in a little activity I like to call "Thanksgiving: Fact or Fiction."

1. FACT OR FICTION: The people who came on the big boat were called the Pilgrims.

2. FACT OR FICTION: They were on the boat for 30 days.

3. FACT OR FICTION: They didn't take baths at all and the boat got very stinky.

4. FACT OR FICTION: They couldn't take a bath in the ocean or they'd drown.

5. FACT OR FICTION: They ate beef jerky and soft biscuits.

6. FACT OR FICTION: Their boat was called the "Cornflower."

7. FACT OR FICTION: There were 70 hundred redults (that's what she calls "adults") and 30 kids.

8. FACT OR FICTION: They landed in Chicago.

9. FACT OR FICTION: They went to Africa too.

10. FACT OR FICTION: They made houses before winter and met nice Indians.

No comments: