Thursday, August 7, 2008

4 days of summer left-







Hard to believe, but another summer has just about wrapped up! It will be official this afternoon when we go meet my son's new teacher at Open House and I get that school supply shopping list that will send us directly to Walmart for yet another round of #2 pencils, Germ-X hand sanitizer, Kleenex, and Crayolas.

Just so I don't feel like it zipped by with nothing to show for it...I need to remind myself of all we accomplished in Summer '08:

*Anniversary trip to Bahamas
*Will got ear tubes
*John did a 2 day golf clinic
*Maddy did 3 days gymnastics camp
*Seagrove Beach
*Family Reunion in KY
*Holiday World
*Girl's Weekend to Monteagle
*Guy's Weekend to Atlanta
*Couple's Weekend to Atlanta
*Kids went to cousin's house and to the lake
*Weekend trip to Memphis
*Driveway Happy Hours in the neighborhood
*Big kids went to Camp Sonshine VBS
*Pool, Pool, and more Pool
*Firecracker 5K & kids' race on July 4

1 comment:

Ann @TheAssetEdge said...

Hi! I didn't know you were a blogger - what a treat to find you!

You guys have done TONS of stuff this summer - good for you for making so many fun memories!

Your baseball biker post made me laugh, b/c D rides his bike with his baseball helmet all the time. (I'm now being censored - D tells me that I didn't laugh outloud, so I need to write "laugh inside") It works just as well as a bike helmet, and they love them, so I vote we should let them keep the creative helmets!

Might you guys be interested in riding the Jack-n-Back with us the first weekend in October? It's such a great date weekend & so much fun!

Good luck with your parent's night tonight - I'll send up a prayer when I finish typing. :)