Friday, August 8, 2008

Porta-John

Yesterday, I had a momentary lapse of judgment when I found myself in the VET line with all 3 children in my van. It's my month to renew our license (or registration? whatever that thing is that sends you to get your emissions test done). Anyways, being that I don't procrastinate (I'm told that it's one of my many strengths;o) ) I decided that Aug 7 was perfect for this chore...despite having 3 children with me who usually frown upon being strapped into carseats in a non-moving vehicle.

To bribe them for good behavior, we stopped at Sonic for a cherry limeade. And, here again, is where I had another momentary lapse of judgment. Seems I forgot that we would be stuck in a notoriously long line with no restroom facilities in sight for an undetermined amount of time. One of my children has the smallest bladder known to man...and I'm sure you can guess what this child declares not long after we are stuck in the middle--11 cars in front of and 6 cars behind us.

Let me just say that the Sonic cup pulled double duty yesterday.

1 comment:

Hollye said...

LOL! That cracks me up. Because my child has issues with public toilets, I carry around a potty in the back of my truck. So, one day you might see me parked in a parking lot with the back of my truck open with Miss K using her potty. We had an incident with an auto flush potty at McD's during a trip to Michigan that put the fear of God into her about public toilets. Needless to say, it has made my life h-e-l-l. My child will hold it for 6 hours before she will use a public restroom...auto flush potty or not!