Monday, August 25, 2008

Rainy Days & Mondays (and flat tires) always get me down...


Just as the Carpenters song goes, it was indeed a rainy Monday, but I decided to make the most of it. Michael left early for work, so I got myself up & ready, got John up & on the school bus, and got Maddy & Will fed, dressed and in the van by 7:45 A.M. to make it to my favorite aerobics class at the Y. Talk about ambitious!

Speaking of talking, my van started talking to me before I even got out of the neighborhood to tell me that I had a flat tire. Apparently, I ran over a large screw someway, somehow, somewhere.

So, instead of sweating it up and burning the major calories at aerobics, I spent my morning at Goodyear.

Lucky for me, there was a Target right next door, so I was able to shop there, oops, I mean, wait there. The cost of patching the actual tire was only about $20 or so, but if you add on the cost of all the "completely-necessary-I-can't-live-without-this" items I bought at Target....well, it just adds up to be the most expensive patched tire you've ever seen.
EDITED on TUESDAY: I was reading back through my posts of the last week and saw the one where the GOODYEAR blimp went right over my house. Remember that exciting day? Well, maybe it was trying to tell me something....remember when I said it was guided, as if by destiny, right over my house? It was a sign.

No comments: