Tuesday, September 16, 2008

The Biggest Loser, Week 1 9/16

It's finally on!

I'm watching it as I type--will sort of do a "live blog."

Oh, y'all, I get so emotional when they're emotional. These opening shots in the gym where Bob & Jillian are pushing them beyond their limits always make me tear up. They don't think they can do it...tears...anger...Jillian cussing...it's just too much for me sometimes!

Red Team: Amy (229 lbs) & Phillip (331 lbs), Greenville, SC. RED TEAM. Love her mother's accent. Yes, people really do talk like that in the south. Man, is she excited to see Bob. I think I would be too. Minus the tattoos, of course. Is Bob wearing a button down church shirt with sweat pants here? Doesn't matter. I'd still be glad to see him.

Gray Team: Tom (314) & Tom (LT) (357). Father & Son from Boston, MA. Oh my. That alfredo recipe he's talking about is something else. Sounds delicious...but breakfast, lunch and dinner?

Orange Team: Ed (335) & Heba (294) Newlyweds from Raleigh, NC. He's a chef. He eats Cheese Doodles while he's cooking.

Purple Team: Shellay (216) and Amy (239). Mother & Daughter from Detroit, MI. I have a feeling Amy rocks this season, a la Ali from last year.

Brown Team: Vicki (246) & Brady (341). (All-American Family) Houma, LA. Bob is hilarious! Coming out there all cute in the donut uniform.

Pink Team: Renee (267) & Michelle (242), Estranged mom & daughter from Dallas, TX. Oh my...the issues are vast here--we're going to need an on-site psychologist for this season. Jillian's mom may need to come back and do some one-on-ones again.

Green Team: Adam (340) & Stacy (221), married. Washington, DC. My money's on them. Seems like they have a good marriage and that will take them far here. How funny would it be if you were eating lunch and Bob Harper walked in all cute & said "what are y'all having for lunch?"

Yellow Team: Jerry (380) & Colleen (218), policeman father/daughter team from Cleveland, OH. I love that he just said "she's no joke, she's a superstar." Love that sweet daddy talk. Oh, and Jillian, you don't need a gun. You could take anybody, anyday with no guns but your biceps.

Final Weigh In:
Yellow Team: Lost 27 pounds. Pretty good for one week's work...especially since Jerry couldn't workout all day like everybody else (Dr restricted him to 30 min/day).

Orange Team: Lost 29 pounds.

Pink Team: Lost 31 pounds.

Gray Team: Tom & LT...lost...an AMAZING 42 pounds. WOW. Can you imagine losing 24 pounds in 1 week?!? Simply amazing.

Red Team: Lost 39 pounds.

Green Team: Lost 28 pounds. Stacey looks so bummed--only on this show would you be disappointed about losing "only" 9 pounds in a week. Still awesome to me.

Purple Team: Lost 29 pounds.

AND...as the brown team steps up to weigh in, I know from previous seasons that they will do a big lead up...drama...beep beep beep beep as the scale numbers bounce around...show everybody's shocked expression...and COMMERCIAL BREAK. You must torture yourself for the next 2 minutes during a commercial break wondering just what happened on the scale for the brown team.........and, we're back:

Brown Team: Lost 47 pounds. WOW. They stay above the yellow line. Blowing kisses to Bob. The 2 pound penalty from the challenge didn't even phase them!

Now for the vote off--
And, it is the green team. Confession: I thought at first that they were going to be a force to be reckoned with. Ellen-o was wrong-o.

Michael just said, "Ow! It kills me when the turn the light off in their refrigerator."

Updates...Green team has ROCKED IT since they got home. They look tremendous! Way to go Green team.

Funny Lines:
"This is a great gym. This is an awesome gym. I'm gonna throw up all over this place." Orange Team guy

"We're gonna do this one of two ways. My Way, or My Way MAD." (Jillian during 1st workout)

"Do not touch that treadmill, Jerry. I'll break your hands off." (Jillian again.)


Hope you got to watch along with me! Looks to be a really exciting season.

Oh, and in case you're wondering, if there are any typos, it's because my keyboard is a little sticky...I was eating Publix Tiramisu Light Ice Cream while I watched The Biggest Loser. Irony, anyone?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

As an avid reader not really interested in biggest loser

a lot of wasted blog space

bring back the focus

Ellen said...

Dear anonymous:
Thank you for the feedback. I'm always looking to improve "welcometomyblogwontyoucomeonin", so I appreciate the advice.

Here's the thing, though. Your comment absolutely made my day. I did the happy dance. Why? Because I now have an avid reader!

Thanks for avidly reading,
Ellen