Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Stockholm 2022?

JOHN:
Anthony broke his leg this week and hasn't been at school.


ELLEN:
Oh my! How'd he break it?


JOHN:
Riding his scooter down a hill.


ELLEN:
[eyebrows raised]--Hmm...well, you know what I'm going to say about that. No more riding scooters down a hill. That's why I'm always telling you it's so dangerous. If you break your leg you couldn't play basketball this year.


JOHN:
Yeah, but I could still compete in the Olympics when I grow up.

ELLEN:
Maybe, maybe not.

JOHN:
I'm talking about the Olympics for special people, mom. I could still play in those.


ELLEN:
You mean the Special Olympics?

JOHN:
Yep! That's what I'm talking about. Told ya! So there! Ha!
[shirt pop, high fives himself in the air because he is so pumped about the point he thinks he just proved.]


************

[Perhaps he meant the Paralympics? Not sure. Either way, I'm thinking I need to get him examined if he thinks the risk of riding his scooter down the neighborhood hill is worth an entry in the Paralympics or Special Olympics, depending on what sort of bodily damage is sustained.]

No comments: