Tuesday, September 30, 2008

The Biggest Loser, Week 3, Sept 30

[Sorry I’m coming into the show a little late…I was the soccer mom tonight and we just got home from practice.]

That said, we are pleased to join the broadcast of the Biggest Loser, already in progress:

I so want to go to the Grand Canyon.

In that camper.

I am, by no means, an outdoorsy type--so that RV is looking mighty fine. Camping is scary. Not that I’ve ever been, mind you, but from what I can tell, there would definitely be some bugs and dirt involved. Which is why I’ve chosen to take an RV next time I am in the mood to camp.

Which would be….never.

Back to the show:
Ed & Heba did great on the calorie-counting challenge. Had I been there, I would’ve completely taken the challenge to guess the calories. I would’ve gotten them all right too! I know my calories, I do.

Pink team girl summed my thoughts on camping up quite nicely: “I don’t know why people do this voluntarily.”

The canoe/rope pull Challenge was quite, um, what’s the word…challenging.

They are all ready to get back to the ranch! That’s good; they’re starting to “crave” the better, healthier lifestyle. It was hilarious seeing them with the medicine balls earlier--they didn’t know what in the heck to do with them. All gave up and went for a walk instead.

Back at the ranch:
There’s those Ziplock Vaccuum Sealer bags again. And, how many times have they given a plug for Extra Sugar Free gum?

That is one mighty last chance workout. BRUTAL.

Weigh in!!!
My favorite part:
But, there’s a catch…nobody will be voting tonight. One person from the team below the yellow line gets a ticket home. That’s just plain cruel. So divisive!

Red Team (Phil & Amy): Lost 15 pounds He made it below the 300 mark! Excellent-
Brown Team (Brady & Vicky): Lost 8 pounds.
Pink Team (Renee & Michelle): Lost 9 pounds
Orange Team (Ed & Heba): Lost 16 pounds. Ed also made it under the 300 mark. Awesome!
Purple Team (Amy & Shellay): Lost 9 pounds.
Yellow Team (Jerry & Colleen): Lost 5 pounds total (she lost 7...he gained 2)

BUT, here's the silver lining...this makes is VERY easy to decide who will go home. He's in such bad health...seems like he was holding her back. He just can't compete. This was the team that logically needed to go beneath the yellow line. This is all just my humble opinion...of course, I am not there to advise them and Colleen is doing her best to convince dad to stay there.

So...now we wait for one hour...to find out who will go home from the yellow team. Thanks to the magic of television, we really only have to wait through one commercial break to find out.

AND...IT'S.....curtains for...Jerry!

Let's see how Jerry's doing today:
Wow--he looks great!!! Lots of exercise. He looks like a different guy. Amazing. He looks 10 years younger. He's lost 70 pounds. And, here's what Michael had to say about that: "That's really good because I was afraid they were going to say he had died." Always seeing the silver lining, that Michael.

See you back at the ranch next week!

No comments: