Sunday, September 21, 2008

On the road again...

My heroes: Michael & Will.

They braved the roads at 6:00 a.m. this morning [yes Will was up super early again], on the hunt for a few gallons of gas since the van was on "E" and.....they found it! They had to drive all the way to Smyrna, TN for it, but the needle is now sitting on full and it is just beautiful to me.

You see, the gas shortage didn't really bother me too much on Friday. I figured it would all be over within a few days and we'd be back to normal, plus Michael still had 1/2 tank in his car.

However, it became real personal yesterday. Real personal. Let me tell you, I was in dire need of a pedicure and figured a few miles to the nearest Asian nail salon wouldn't really matter. Plus, I NEEDED a pedicure.

REQUEST DENIED.

I was told that a pedicure was not an emergency and the vehicles were to be used for food and work functions only until the gas shortage was over.

I'm thinking we need to come up with a standard definition for what constitutes "emergency" around here.

Please, dear readers, I ask you to keep your eyes and ears open for news on the Nashville gas shortage. If there are any reports saying that it is over, I BEG you to pass along the news source. I, and my feet, thank you for your attention to this matter.

Signed,
Stranded and Sandal-less

1 comment:

Hollye said...

We had to go all the way to Sam Ridley Pkwy Saturday night to get gas. We found a Shell station that had gas and NO WAIT! I did a little jig in the parking lot. I made some guy crack up. The next exit up....100 cars waiting for gas. This is really getting out of hand. I've got a million and one things to do this week and Brian has informed me that I just need to STAY HOME and conserve gas. WHAT? Stay at home moms do not stay at home! I need to be in Franklin Monday, Tuesday AND Thursday. Wednesday I have to be in Brentwood. Sorry honey...but thre is NO way I can make that tank of gas last TWO weeks. He's nuts!