Thursday, September 4, 2008

Hey! And first place goes to...Pepe Le Pew!

Tonight in the car:

MADDY:
That was freaking me out. [I can't remember the topic of discussion.]

ME:
"Freaking" is not a word that I want you to say, Maddy....bla bla bla...there's lots of words that you'll hear other people say that I'm not a fan of my children saying...for instance, "shut up"...bla bla bla bla....a good rule of thumb would be if you wouldn't say something to Jesus, you shouldn't say it...

JOHN:
Well, there are some words that I know are ok to say that I wouldn't say to Jesus. Like, I wouldn't say "Hey!" to Jesus.

[as a sidenote: John has the textbook "firstborn personality"--very rules-oriented.

ME:
Well, that wouldn't be the worst thing to say to Jesus.....

JOHN:
All I know is that I am not going to say "Hey" to the King of Kings.

Alrighty then...

*****************************
Later that night in the same car ride:

JOHN:
I really want to go to the state fair! I got a free ticket from school today & it looks so fun.

ME:
Bud, we are probably not going to go to the state fair. It's just so hot and all it is are a bunch of expensive carnival rides and smelly animals on display.

JOHN:
They have skunks on display at the state fair?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This blog just totally tickled me. I laughed forever because I can picture the whole conversation. You can't argue with John's logic. And, for heaven's sake, take the child to the state fair!