Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Various Asundry for September 3, 2008


Song stuck in my head: Magical Mister Mistophiles (CATS)

Most surprising: Seeing the Goodyear blimp AGAIN today flying over Walmart by my house. It's following me.

Most Giggle-worthy: The ease of "making dinner" tonight: pulling a meal out of my freezer from my entree exchange group. I think this means I'm getting old.

Most dreading: Knowing I have to drive to a meeting 35 minutes away during rush hour both tonight and tomorrow night.

Listening to: Maddy sing Alphabet song over and over and over...and then asking me in between "verses" when I can paint her toenails.

Addicted to: Facebook and Goodreads and Diet Coke

Thankful for: My mother-in-law for watching Will while I took Maddy out to lunch and shopping.

Impatient for: hardwood floors and new furniture downstairs

Bored by: this blog entry

3 comments:

Melanie said...

I'm also addicted to Facebook and Diet Coke! :-)

Raegan said...

So what is an entree exchange group? I want to start one if it means a stocked freezer!!:)

Ellen said...

Entree exchange: Oh, so delightful!

You pick a few friends who have good reputations in the kitchen. Then, you each make an entree or casserole for each member of the group by a certain date. Freeze it, deliver it, stock your own freezer with their entrees ready to go into the oven.

My group has 6 women in it, so this last time, I made six 9x13" dishes of cranberry chicken. My family ate one and I gave one to the rest. They all do the same, so I end up with 5 freezer meals. It feels a little labor intensive on the day you do the cooking, but the benefits outweigh the cons by a landslide.

Try it! You'll love it!

We used to go to Super Suppers or Dinner A'Fare and those are great too...but awfully expensive. I figure I made and received 6 entrees for about $50 or so invested as opposed to $165 at Dinner A'fare.