Thursday, October 16, 2008

Bed, Bath, and Beyond Shopping Spree


I got a hefty gift card to one of my favorite spots for my birthday! (Thankyou Pat & Sally!).

So, Monday, I decided to go see what I could find.

Boy, was it fun. I was like a kid in a candy store. Or a woman in a home decorating store. Same thing.

In case you ever thought you'd like to ask me the following question: "Ellen, pray tell. What would you buy if you could buy anything in BB&B?", here is the answer:
1. Yankee "Fragrance of the month" jar candle: Spiced pumpkin. Oh yes.


2. A cozy throw. This is divine. Makes me wish it would hurry up and get cold outside. (Dang October being all 85 degrees on us!)


3. A new trash can. But not just any trash can, friends....this one has a LOCKING LID. Why, you might ask, is a locking lid important? Because 1 year olds are far worse than any stray dog ever thought about being when it comes to an open trash can.


4. This was one of those last minute check-out line purchases: a microwave food splatter guard!!! I say it's just the part of me going green. I usually put a paper towel over our dishes as they reheat to avoid the splatter, but that's just a waste of paper towels, now isn't it? So, now I have a lovely splatter guard to keep my leftovers on the plate and off the sides of my microwave.


So, there you have it. That's how I'd spend a gift card at Bed, Bath & Beyond. I still have some money leftover too....will have to go back WITHOUT THE KIDS (yes I was sporting all 3 on Monday) and buy something a little less practical and a little more fun.

No comments: