Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Sonic Burgers?!?

Today was just plain crazy, and it ain't over yet. (Yes, this English major does know that "ain't" is not appropriate, but I just couldn't resist using it here.)

To summarize the day thus far:
  • Took Maddy to school
  • went to the Y [to get more Spark points, of course]
  • lunch @ Panera with Amy & Sarah [where I did quite well in making some healthy food choices, thank you Sparkpeople]
  • Target [to purchase the new HSM3 soundtrack, of course]
  • Did my civic duty and voted (they let you vote early here in TN)
  • Took my first load to the recycling drop off place (I'm still going green! 1 week strong...)
  • Attempted to get a flu shot @ Walgreens. Waited for half hour while they kept assuring me I would be ushered right in...they were almost ready....any minute now... I finally had to leave with no flu shot since it was preschool pick up time
  • Now, I'm home for a quick blog entry & a shower before going to parent-teacher conference in an hour
  • After that, I'll come home and throw 3 kids into the van to head out to soccer practice at 6pm

So, in order to make dinner a breeze tonight, I thought we'd just swing by the Sonic right next to the soccer field. After all, it is Tuesday night and you get 5 Sonic Burgers for $5.95 on Tuesday nights.

Great deal, right? Quite a bargain, I'd say.

In my attempt to stay right on track with my SparkPeople plan, I checked the calories on a Sonic burger so I could go ahead and log in my dinner calories.

It may be a bargain for your wallet, but it is no bargain for the waistline.

Dang Sonic...540 CALORIES for one Sonic burger with ketchup!

I was shocked.

Plan B?

No comments: