Monday, October 6, 2008

A tribute fit for a princess



As a true fan of all things Princess Diana, I always knew something was missing.



Really, they have the commemorative stamps.

They have the commemorative calendar.



They have the commemorative doggy t-shirt.

And, of course, they have the commemorative boxers.



Heck, even Elton John TRIED to commemorate (I'm trying to see how many times I can use the word 'commemorate') her by re-writing one of his most famous songs, Candle in the Wind, in her honor.

However, I always just had this feeling that something was missing.

AND...

I found it.

Where, you might ask, did I stumble upon the perfect tribute and commemoration?

At my local Dollar Store's Going out of Business Sale.

They had a hefty supply of the commemorative Princess Diana gift bags that I always knew would finally put some closure on our loss. I cannot tell you how many times I went to the closet to wrap a gift for a loved one, thinking..."this gift is nice and all, but the gift wrap doesn't properly show the respect that the People's Princess deserves."

Well, no more. The final chapter of Diana's legacy includes gift wrap.

And I couldn't be more pleased.