Monday, October 27, 2008

Blue Ribbon-winning Pie Recipe

Last night, our neighborhood (which rocks, by the way) had a Fall Party at the playground. There were goody bags for the kids, a pumpkin decorating station, costume parade, pumpkin carving contest and a chili cook off and pie contest. (No, unfortunately it was not a pie-eating contest.)

Well, Maddy and I entered our favorite "Chocolate Chip Pie" in the contest and guess who won the blue ribbon and Target gift card?

WE DID! She really earned it--she shopped for the ingredients with me at Kroger, then I measured them, but she poured them in. I put it in the oven (this was the point in which I badly burned my arm on the rack) and then we took our delicious prepared pie to the playground for the party.

Here's the recipe. It is so good and so easy. You don't even need to get out the mixer. You can't mess it up--try it for the holidays coming up!

Chocolate Chip Pie
(recipe from my sis-in-law Aimee)
2 eggs
1 c. sugar
1/4 c. corn starch
8 oz. choc chips
1 stick margarine or butter, melted
9" deep dish pie crush (overachievers can go homemade...I default to the freezer section)
2 tsp bourbon (optional)
1 c. chopped walnuts (optional)
Garnish with whipped cream

Beat eggs and stir in sugar. Stir in melted butter and corn starch. Gently mix in chocolate chips (and walnuts and bourbon if you're going that route).
Bake 350 degrees for approx 45 minutes.

YUM-OUT.

1 comment:

Hollye said...

I'm going to make one of these this weekend. Can't wait to try it. By the time I got to the table, your pie was all gone! And I am glad to see someone else uses pie crust from the freezer section. I can't make a pie crust to save my life!