Monday, October 6, 2008

It's finally here!

The new flooring has arrived!

The contractor shows up at 7:30 tomorrow morning.

This weekend, I sold my Pump-it-up substitution furniture on Craigslist and have my eye on a few new pieces already.

I saw my life flash before my eyes as Michael, our friend Victor, and YOURS TRULY moved the piano up a flight of stairs. I have never prayed so hard in my life. I was at the bottom of the move, pushing Michael's back up the stairs....trying very hard NOT to think the following thought: "I am a dead woman. If this instrument slips...I would be at the bottom of the heap: Victor, a very very heavy piano, and my own dearly beloved husband."

Carpet was ripped up last night (thanks again for the help Victor!).

Now, all I have to do is keep my kids off the plywood/staple-y floor downstairs for the next 96 hours until the new floor is in place.

Counting down...

No comments: